Sunday, September 6, 2015

Let me Drive my Van into Your Heart

That title isn't even remotely related to Uv mapping. Forgive me for not being more clever and simply relying on Steven Universe music titles.

I think it's been a whole year since I last had to dive in and make a UV map. Having a tutorial certainly helps (as well as it not being a round clay pot object that no one will ever see).


I feel like this could be better organized, but the layout function was squishing everything without much consideration for bleed and I wasn't having much luck exactly mimicking tutorial layout.







Have to say, thank you Maya 2015 for having a checkerboard pattern within the UV Texture Editor. That is a new feature that I am very glad to have. I hope they kept it in 2016. I haven't exactly poked around that one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment