Monday, September 19, 2016

Update!

So since the last time progress has been very shaky and full of pitfalls.


First off, the leopard was worked on more.



Timing was smoothed out with poses altered for better readability. The leopard also now jumps from the wall instead of sliding down. The walk is very rough still as its been completely redone.



And then horse for fun. Horse is very rough and still requires edits.


Operation Jellyfish also met with difficulty.



After creating nine concept drawings I reached out for opinions from various sources and received an overwhelming response that they all looked robotic and alien. People favored the more organic design of E, and gravitated towards B, D, F, and H for their more jellyfish-like tops. Since organic was what I was initially aiming for, I decided to scrap this batch and start again to see if I could get better results.





To help this batch start on the right foot, I went back and properly arranged an inspiration page. It primarily features creatures from Tales of Symphonia, which come across relatively low poly with painted detail, along with some various other artists who used colors and designs I was attracted to.


Using the inspiration page and the results of the first round I concepted six new jellyfish enemies. I have already gathered some responses, but I'd like to hear more. Therefore I won't list the details of my findings just yet. However they are definitely positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment